Employers Choice Screening respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data while visiting our website.
Through this privacy notice, ECS intends to give you information on how we collect and process personal data about you through your use of this website. This includes data you may provide when submitting a sales or customer service inquiry, signing up for our newsletter, or when purchasing a product or service from our website.
Personal data refers to any data about an individual from which that person can be identified. We may collect, store, and transfer different kinds of data which may include, but is not limited to:
- Identity data that may include your first name, last name, and other similar identifiers
- Contact data that may include billing address, delivery address, email address, and telephone numbers
- Financial data that may include bank account and payment card information
- Characteristic data that may include dates of birth and gender
- Data that may include details about payments made for products and services purchased from Employers Choice Screening
- Technical data that may include internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type, and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology information gathered on the devices you use while accessing our website
- Profile data may include your interests, preferences, feedback, and survey responses
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products, and services
- Communications data includes your preferences on how you receive marketing from our third parties and us and your communication preferences.
- Organization data includes your title and the organization you represent.
We also collect, use and share data, such as statistical or demographic data, for any purpose. Data may be derived from personal data about you but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may collect your usage data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature. However, if we combine or connect data with personal data about you so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data, which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice. We do not collect any of the following:
- Information covered by California Civil Code section 1798.80 except to the extent identified in some category above;
- Biometric information;
- Audio, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information;
- Electronic information except to the extent identified in some category above;
- Geolocation data, except to the extent that it is Technical Data or Profile Data;
- Professional or employment-related information, except for Organization Data;
- Education information; or
- Information about criminal convictions or offenses.
What happens if you do not provide your personal data?
How does Employers Choice Screening collect your data?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity, Contact, Financial, Characteristic, Commercial, Profile, Communications, and Organization Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email, or otherwise. This includes the personal data you provide when you do any of the things listed below. Additionally, we may generate Commercial, Profile, Usage, and Communications Data from those interactions:
- apply for our products or services;
- create an account on our website;
- subscribe to our service or publications;
- request marketing to be sent to you;
- enter a competition, promotion, or survey; or
- give us some feedback
- We have automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our website, we may automatically collect Technical and Usage Data about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies, server logs, and other similar technologies. Please see the section below related to cookies for further details.
- Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources that may be located within the EU, as set out below:
- Technical Data from the following parties:
- analytics providers, such as Google, based outside the EU;
- website personalization providers
- advertising networks, such as Double-click, based outside the EU; and
- Identity, Contact, and Characteristic Data from the following parties:
- search information providers
- publicly availably sources
- data brokers or aggregators
- social media lead generation companies.
- lead generation companies
- Contact, Financial and Commercial Data from the following parties:
- Payment and delivery services
- Technical Data from the following parties:
Once collected, how does ECS use your personal data?
ECS collects personal data for various purposes. Most commonly, we will use personal data about you in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract/service, we are about to enter into or have entered into with you
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
- In the USA, in a manner consistent with your consent.
In the next section of this Privacy Notice, you will find further information with respect to the circumstances in which we use personal data and the lawful basis we rely upon. Except in the United States, we do not generally rely on consent as a legal basis for processing personal data about you, other than in relation to sending third-party direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting the email address shown in the contact details above.
Additionally, we will only use personal data about you for the purposes for which we collected it unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us by email (at the email address shown in the contact details above). If we need to use personal data about you for an unrelated purpose, we will inform you, and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so. Please note that we may process personal data about you without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
How does ECS use personal information for marketing purposes?
We provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising. We have established the following personal data control mechanisms:
We may use your Identity, Contact, Characteristic, Technical, Usage and Profile Data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services, and offers may be relevant for you. You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or purchased services from us or if you provided us with your details when you entered a competition or registered for a promotion and, in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
We will get your opt-in consent before we share personal data about you with any company outside our group of companies for marketing purposes.
You can ask third parties or us to (a) stop sending you marketing messages at any time by logging into the website and checking or unchecking relevant boxes to adjust your marketing preferences or by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or (b) to update personal data about you that you have provided us by emailing us (at the email address shown in contact details above) at any time. Where you opt-out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of the Services you contract us to perform.
The following is information organized in a way that the California Consumer Privacy Act requires us to supply. It only applies to you if you live in California. California law defines the term “sell” to include any disclosure of personal information in exchange for anything of value. Depending on how this law is interpreted, it could include a situation in which we provide your information to another organization so that it can do something with the information for us. Because we receive the benefit of that processing, which is of value to us, any such relationship might be the sale of personal data. Therefore, we hereby notify you that we may sell personal data about you.
Does ECS disclose personal data to third parties?
We may have to share personal data about you with the parties set out below for the purposes set out in the table above about how we plan to use personal data about you.
- Internal parties, meaning other divisions under Employers Choice Online, Inc.
- External parties, meaning:
- Providers or IT and system administration services based US, Canada, and the EU, acting as processors (under EU, UK, and Swiss law) or service providers (under California law).
- Tax authorities, regulators, and other authorities based globally who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances, acting as processors or joint controllers (under EU, UK, and Swiss law) or as service providers or third parties (under California law).
- Third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use personal data about you in the same way as set out in this privacy notice.
We employ procedures to require all third parties to respect the security of personal data about you and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not grant permission for our third-party service providers to use personal data about you for their own purposes and only grant permission for them to process personal data about you for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions. Our website may provide links to third-party websites. Please be aware that those third-party websites are outside of our control and are not covered by this Privacy Notice. If you have questions about how another site uses your information, consult that site’s privacy statement.
What security measures does ECS use?
ECS is committed to protecting the personal information that our company receives. While we cannot guarantee the security of that information, we utilize a combination of online and offline security technologies, procedures, and organizational measures to help safeguard consumer information against loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. We employ Secure Socket Layer (SSL) data encryption when data is transmitted over the Internet to our website. We have installed layered firewalls and other security technologies to help prevent unauthorized access to our systems. Strong password protection protocols are used on our employees’ computers, and employees are regularly trained on our security and privacy policies. The servers used to store consumer information are maintained in a secure physical environment with appropriate physical security measures.
Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
Unless where otherwise noted, all materials, including but not limited to images, illustrations, designs, logos, icons, photographs, video clips, software, text, and other materials on this website, are protected under copyright law and are the intellectual property owned, controlled and/or licensed by Employers Choice Screening.
You may download and view material from this website for your personal, temporary, non-commercial viewing only. Without limiting the foregoing, EmployersChoiceOnline.com and the stylized “Employers Choice Screening” appearing on this site are registered trademarks of Employers Choice Online, Inc. No part of the materials contained on this site may be otherwise copied or reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, republished, uploaded, posted, distributed or transmitted in any form, or by any means, electronic or mechanical without the prior written permission of Employers Choice Online, Inc.
Information Collected via E-Mail
If you identify yourself by sending an e-mail containing personal information, you may volunteer to provide us with personally-identifying information such as your mailing address or phone number for example. E-mail is not necessarily secure against interception. If your communication is very sensitive or includes confidential information, you may want to send it via postal mail. Information collected in this manner may be used for responding to requests for information.
Disclaimer for Employers Choice Screening Information
While Employers Choice Screening believes the information to be reliable, human or mechanical error remains a possibility; therefore, Employers Choice Screening does not guarantee or warrant the accuracy, or completeness of the information posted on this website. Employers Choice Screening shall not be responsible for any error or omission, or the use of, or the results obtained from the use of, this information.
The type or identity of third parties to which our organization discloses personal information, and the purposes for which it does so. Individuals have the right to access their personal data. The choices and means our organization offers individuals are for limiting the use and disclosure of their personal data. Our organization may be subjected to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the Federal Trade Commission (FTC). Possibility, under certain conditions, the individual may invoke binding arbitration. Our organization will disclose personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security, or law enforcement requirements—our organization’s liability in cases of onward transfers to third parties.
What rights do you have in California?
The California Consumer Privacy Act provides you with certain rights if you are a California resident. But the CCPA also has exceptions. Generally, our business falls within those exceptions, and the CCPA does not apply. But if you want disclosure or correction of information that we hold about you within these parts of our business (e.g., we did a background check about you), you can still request disclosure or reinvestigation from us under the federal Fair Credit Reporting Act. For information about that, please reach out to [email protected]
You have the following rights if you are a California resident:
- You have the right to request us to disclose information that we have collected about you, including the general categories of information, the categories of sources from which we collected the information, the purpose for collecting or selling that information, the categories of third parties with whom we share the information, and the specific pieces of information we have collected.
- If we sell personal information or disclose it for a business purpose, you also have the right to request the categories of third parties to whom we sold your information or disclosed your information for a business purpose (by category of personal information in each case).
- You have the right to request to opt-out of our sale of personal data about you.
- You have the right to be free of retaliation for exercising your rights under the CCPA.
You may make a request by emailing us at [email protected]. In either case, you must include the following information: your full name; all physical addresses we may have associated with you; all email addresses we may have associated with you; all telephone numbers we may have associated with you; all employers we may have associated with you. If you are requesting that we disclose, correct, or delete specific personal data information to you (as opposed to disclosing categories of personal data), you must also provide a legible image of a government-issued ID. You may hide the identification number and photo from that ID, but you must not hide the name or address shown on it. We will use the information you supply to identify relevant information in our systems. If you want us to disclose the information to an agent, you must say so in writing and provide us with the mailing address of the agent.
Personal Information Disclosure: United States and Overseas
Employers Choice Screening does not transfer personal data to third parties outside of the United States or its territories, except in cases where such transfer is necessary to conduct a background check on you from sources of information outside of the United States.
Employers Choice Screening welcomes your comments regarding this Privacy Statement. If you have any questions regarding our Privacy Statement or this website, please contact us directly at [email protected].